Need help with Commerce Tax?

For general questions about the Commerce Tax, please Ask Commerce Tax Team 


For a detailed ruling, please request an advisory opinion via fax: (775) 684-2020

Per NAC 360.190:

    1.    Your petition must be in writing

    2.    Your petition must be addressed to the Director of the Nevada Department of Taxation

    3.    Your petition must contain:

         a)    A statement that an advisory opinion is requested;

         b)    A succinct statement of all the facts and circumstances necessary to dispose of the petition;

         c)    A clear, simple statement of the issue or question to be resolved;

         d)    A statement of all statutes, rules, agency decisions or other authorities which the petitioner                  believes may be relevant in disposing of the petition; and     

         e)    A statement with supporting arguments and authorities of the petitioner’s opinion of a proper                             disposition of the petition.