Update a Business

Update a Business

Important information about my business has changed, how do I update the changes?

If any of the following information about your business changes, you are required to submit an updated Nevada Business Registration Form to the Department.

  • Business Name
  • Business Ownership
  • Physical, corporate, or audit address(es)
  • Federal ID Number – a copy of the IRS letter is required.
  • Type of business that you conduct
  • Adding an additional location

You can submit an updated registration form through one of the following ways:

  • If you have an existing online account at Nevada Tax Center,(opens in a new tab) you can update the business mailing address. email and phone number.
  • Nevada Business Registration Form
    • Note: You can use the same form to apply for a Consumer Use Tax Permit.
  • Return the form by mail:
    Department of Taxation
    3850 Arrowhead Dr., 2nd Floor
    Carson City NV 89706
  • Return the form in person:
    Visit one of our office locations.
  • Note: If you have an existing sales tax account, a $15.00 Sales Tax Permit fee is required for adding a new location or if you are updating an existing location when you return the completed form, or update a location address if your business has moved.

Contact the Department’s Call Center at (866) 962-3707 to register for other applicable taxes if you:

  • Buy or sell liquor or tobacco.
  • Charge admission to live entertainment events.
  • Operate an exhibition facility.
  • Sell tires at retail.
  • Rent out vehicles for less than 30 days.

I have a new mailing address and/or phone number for my business, how do I update my contact information?

If your mailing address and/or business phone number changes, you can:

▲ Back to Top