Liens FAQs

Liens FAQs

How do I find out if there are Liens filed in my name?

Liens are recorded with the county recorder’s office. Each county recorder’s office maintains a website where individuals can search for any liens that have been filed in your name, or the name of your business. The records can typically be found under a “search records” hyperlink.

  • If you need additional assistance, please contact the Call Center at (866) 962-3707.

How do I obtain a statement of the amount I owe to the Department of Taxation?

  • For inquiries directly from an owner or corporate officer, please contact the Call Center at (866) 962-3707.
  • If inquiry is regarding the sale of property, request(s) are typically received from Title companies and Escrow companies.
  • To complete a request for a Taxpayer, the company must provide the following information on a company letter head, with a copy of the lien in question:
    • Full Name
    • Social Security Number
    • Date of Birth
  • Submit the documentation and request online, or by fax at 775-684-2020.

I have paid my Lien debt in full. What happens next?

Once the payment has been posted to your account, a lien release will be prepared and sent to the address on file.

When you receive the release, it is necessary that you:

  • Submit the release to the county recorder in which the lien was filed and pay the respective recording fee.

I have another question about liens that is not listed above.

  • For inquiries regarding liens filed with the Nevada Department of Taxation, please contact the Call Center at (866) 962-3707 to obtain your Revenue Officer’s contact information.
  • If applicable, please provide your Taxpayer Identification Number (TID) in your request.

Note: FAQs are for general guidance only. For written advice as it relates to your business, request an advisory opinion from the Department.

▲ Back to Top