The Department of Taxation
works to provide access or copies to public records pursuant to Nevada’s Public
Records Act (Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 239). All public records
associated with the Department, the contents of which are not otherwise
declared by law to be confidential, shall be open for inspection or to obtain
Guidelines for Submitting a Public Records Request
- Submitting requests is necessary, the Department receives and tracks a high volume of requests and wants to ensure everyone receives a quick and accurate response. Fill out all parts of the request either typewritten or with legible handwriting.
- Due to the high volume of requests, records accessibility, staff availability and legal constraints, we may need a few days or sometimes weeks to locate and produce requested records.
- Records are not always readily available and may be located in archived files.
- Be specific and reduce the scope of the request as much as possible. This will help focus and expedite the records search.
- Pursuant to NRS Chapter 239.0107, the Department will acknowledge receipt of your request and provide you a status report within five business days. If necessary, the Department will ask for clarification so it can expedite the search for records.
To Submit a Public Records Request
||ATTN: Department of Taxation Public Information Officer
Department of Taxation
1550 E. College Parkway
Carson City, Nevada 89706
Fees for Public Records
Nevada Revised Statute
239.052 states that a government entity is permitted to charge a fee for the
actual cost incurred in the provision of a public record. This includes,
without limitation, the cost of ink, toner, paper, media, and postage.
The Department will inform
the requester of any fees prior to responding to the request.
- Black and white copies, up to
8.5” x 11”: $0.05 per page
- Color, up to 8.5” x 11”:
$0.50 per page
- Compact Disc/DVD/Thumb Drive:
$5.00 per device