Director's Welcome Message
Welcome to the Nevada Department of
Taxation. The men and women of the Department are dedicated to providing
quality customer service to the citizens. This web site has been designed to
provide accurate and timely information to taxpayers in an easy to use format.
The Department administers the collection of nearly 5 billion dollars annually in state and local government revenue from 20 different taxes. The revenue collected by the Department funds all levels of government in Nevada, including school districts, cities, counties and the state.
Thank you again for visiting our web site.
Deonne E. Contine
Provide Fair, Efficient and Effective Administration of Tax Programs for the State of Nevada in accordance with applicable statutes, regulations and policies. Serve the Taxpayers, State and Local Government Entities; and enable and recognize Department employees.
Dedicated to the highest standards of professionalism and ethical conduct; committed to consistent, impartial and courteous service and treatment. Providing resources, training and support to the men and women of the Department, and fostering initiative, creativity and effective performance.
- Ensure the stable administration of tax statutes.
- Improve compliance through education, information and enforcement.
- Cooperate with other agencies and entities to better serve taxpayers.
- Provide improved and more efficient service.
- Promote the fair and equitable treatment of taxpayers.
- Enhance workforce proficiency through training and communication.
- Improve tax administration through new technology.