General Purpose Forms

If you are using Chrome, Firefox or Safari, do NOT open tax forms directly from your browser.  Right click on the form icon then select SAVE TARGET AS/SAVE LINK AS and save to your computer.  Re-open the form from your saved location with Adobe Reader or Excel.

    Resale Certificate

    This form must be used when the holder of a sales tax permit purchases something that he will later resell. It allows the permit holder not to be charged tax. Remember that if you are purchasing something for your own use that you will not resell, you must pay the sales taxes due.

    Marketplace Facilitator Certificate of Collection

    All Marketplace Facilitators are required to provide a copy of this certificate to all Marketplace Sellers who use their forum to facilitate their sales. This form certifies that the Marketplace Facilitator is registered with the Department and as of the effective date on the form, will collect and remit Nevada sales tax on the sales it facilitates on the Marketplace Seller’s behalf. 

    Nevada Business Registration

    The Nevada Business Registration is used by the state and several counties. This download comes with instructions. The Nevada Business Registration must be completed in its entirety to issue your Sales Tax/Use Tax Permit.

    One Time Event Application

    This is the application required for the promoter to complete to obtain a permit for a one-time event.  This application and vendor list must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the start of the event.  Upon receipt of a completed application and list of vendors, the Department will issue a permit. The permit will be issued to the promoter and sent via email, mail, pick-up or fax.  This form is for use only by promoters.  If you are an exhibitor or vendor, contact your promoter directly.

    Instructions for completing the excel spreadsheet should also be downloaded

    Petition for Redetermination and Request for Hearing

    If you disagree with an audit or deficiency determination, these are the forms you will need to fill out. See our Audit and Appeals page for more information.

    Voluntary Disclosure of Failure to File Return

    If a taxpayer fails to file a return and he wishes to disclose that fact voluntarily, the taxpayer or his representative must file with the Department an application for voluntary disclosure before the Department has initiated an audit or investigation of the taxpayer. The form to do so is available by clicking on the icons to the right.

    Request for Waiver of Penalty and Interest

    Pursuant to NRS 360.419, a request may be made if failure to make a timely return or payment is the result of circumstances beyond your control and occurred despite the exercise of ordinary care and without intent. Your request for waiver or reduction of interest and/or penalty must include the facts upon which you are basing your claim. Please attach any documentation you believe supports your claim.

    Notice of Appeal

    Notice of Appeal to the Nevada Tax Commission.

    Surety Bond Acknowledgement

    If your sales tax permit requires a surety bond as a security, this is the form to give to your insurance carrier.

    Affidavit of Purchaser for Drive Away Permits

    Affidavit of Purchaser for Farm Machinery and Equipment

    Affidavit of Purchaser of Animal Feed and Certain Supplies

    Authorization for Release of Information to Purchaser Successors Liability

    Offer in Compromise

    Payment Plan

    Close Account

    To close all Nevada business locations with Sales Tax, Use Tax, and/or Commerce Tax accounts under a single Nevada Taxpayer ID (TID), please use the Close Out Form.  This Form includes the required information with instructions to cancel your account and refund any security deposit or credits to which you may be entitled.  For any other account updates including location changes, contact the Call Center:  1-866-962-3707.  Note:  This form does not close or cancel any other state or local registrations.  For Modified Business Tax, you should also contact the Department of Employment, Training, and Rehabilitation's Employment Security Division at (775) 684-6300.