Marijuana License Applications
Department to accept adult-use marijuana license applications
April 10, 2018 - NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Nevada Department of Taxation is seeking applications from qualified existing medical marijuana establishment certificate owner(s) to be awarded recreational marijuana establishment licenses of the same type and at the same location. This application period is also open to the NRS 369 liquor wholesalers to apply for a distribution license.
When is the application period?
Pursuant to LCB File No R092-17A, the Department will accept
applications for cultivation, production, laboratory and retail store licenses.
The Department will be accepting applications for ten (10) business days.
opens: June 13, 2018, 8:00 AM
closes: June 26, 2018, 5:00 PM
Who can apply?
The following establishments may apply:
- Existing Nevada medical marijuana establishments
that hold a registration certificate(s).
- Nevada medical marijuana establishments that hold a
provisional registration certificate(s).
Provisional establishments must be fully operational by August 31, 2018
as detailed in the MME Provisional Certificate letter dated April 2, 2018.
All applicants are required to be in compliance with
- Do not already hold a retail marijuana establishment
- All licenses, certificates, and fees are current and
- No registration certificate suspension within 6
months of the effective date of the marijuana establishment license for
enforcement violations including but not limited to provisions NRS 453A.352,
NRS 453A.362, NAC 453A.406, NAC 453A.414, NAC 453A.658, NAC 453A.668 , and NAC
- Applicant is not delinquent in the payment of any
tax administered by the Department or is not in default on payment required
pursuant to a written agreement with the Department; or is not otherwise liable
to the Department for the payment of money.
- No citations for illegal activity or criminal
- Plans of correction are complete and on time, or are
How do I apply?
may be submitted at any Department of Taxation office.
Applicants should follow all
instructions listed on the packet and include all the required supplemental
Completed applications must include:
- $5,000 application fee, and
- The amount for the license fee:
- $20,000 for Retail Store
- $30,000 for Cultivation
- $10,000 for Production
- $15,000 for Testing Lab
- $15,000 for Distribution (For NRS 369 Distributor Applicants Only)
If you have questions or would like more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.